Hemorrhoids are a fairly common disease, both among men and women. However, the most common are female patients.
Often this is due to professional characteristics and some physiological conditions that are inherent only in the female body (menstruation, pregnancy, labor.
Hemorrhoids is a varicose enlargement of the sites of the veins of the rectum with the formation of hemorrhoids (convoluted thrombosed sections of the veins). Depending on the localization, “activity” (propensity to fall out and self-correction) of nodes and the presence of complications, hemorrhoids can be classified as follows.
1) Internal hemorrhoids – hemorrhoidal nodes are located in relative distances from the ampullar part of the rectum.
2) External hemorrhoids – hemorrhoids are in close proximity to the anal opening.
3) Hemorrhoids with concomitant anal fissure.
4) With the deposition of hemorrhoids.
5) Complicated by thrombosis of the nodes – often the main sign is intense bleeding from the rectum.
Causes of hemorrhoids in women.
Hemorrhoids are a disease, the appearance of which can be provoked by various factors. At the heart of the pathogenesis of this disease is the violation of blood flow in the pelvic region.
Among the main etiological and provoking factors, the following should be highlighted.
1) Sedentary image of professional activity (prolonged sitting in a sitting position leads to stagnation of blood in the small pelvis, violation of the influx of arterial and outflow of venous blood from the organs.
2) Pregnancy – during pregnancy, the volume of circulating blood in the bloodstream in women increases significantly, and the blood flow to all organs increases accordingly. A sedentary image of a pregnant woman provokes venous congestion and increases the risk of hemorrhoids.
3) Generic activity – the main causes of hemorrhoids in childbirth are: the pressure of the enlarged uterus on the pelvic organs, leading to a disruption in circulation, as well as a significant increase in intra-abdominal pressure (see how to treat hemorrhoids after childbirth.
4) Frequent constipation, the appearance of which is associated with inappropriate nutrition (inadequate intake of plant fiber.
5) Intense physical activity and weight lifting, not corresponding to the physical capabilities of the body.
6) Sharp intensive weight loss.
7) Burden of heredity and predisposition to the pathologies of blood clotting and tuberculosis.
8) The frequent practice of anal sex.
9) Regular intake of laxatives not for therapeutic purposes, but for the purpose of losing weight.
10) Natural age-related changes in the body.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids in women.
Hemorrhoids in women should be differentiated from some other diseases of the rectum due to the similarity of symptoms – benign and malignant tumors, polyps, anal fissures, infectious pathologies, etc.
At the heart of the “classic” pattern of hemorrhoids in women are the following symptoms, which should be paid attention in the first place.
discomfort in the anus and projection of the rectum.
soreness (more often, pains are blunt noel character) in the rectum area when sitting and during the act of defecation.
the definition of a well palpable seal in the anus.
feeling of burning or intense itching in the anus.
hyperemia of the skin in the anus.
And also the appearance of such a symptomatology should disturb a woman.
1) Edema of subcutaneous fat in the anus area (in the sitting position of patients, discomfort and sensation of a foreign body in the rectum are disturbed.
2) Isolation of blood from the rectum during the act of defecation. Blood is on the surface of stool and has a bright red color.
3) Difficulty in emptying the intestines and frequent constipation.
4) Loss of hemorrhoids, which can be corrected independently after the act of defecation (the second stage of the disease) or with the help of fingers (the third stage). As the disease progresses, the nodes may fall outside the physical activity and act of defecation.
See also: how hemorrhoids look like in women, photo initial. as well as other stages.
Hemorrhoids in the absence of treatment can develop into some more dangerous diseases and conditions: iron-deficiency anemia (arises from massive single or regular blood loss), acute thrombophlebitis, fistula, anal fissures, secondary infection, suppuration of pathologically enlarged and tortured foci.
Diagnosis of hemorrhoids never causes difficulty. To suspect the development of this disease allows visual external examination of the anus, as well as digital rectal examination. For differential diagnosis with other pathological conditions of the colon and small intestine, extensive research methods are used.
sigmoidoscopy (allows to thoroughly study the condition of the mucous membrane of the lower part of the sigmoid and entire rectum.
Colonoscopy (performed to assess the condition of the colon throughout.
analysis of feces for occult blood.
a biopsy if necessary – with a suspicion of a malignant neoplasm.
Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs.
See also, features of hemorrhoids in men.
Treatment of hemorrhoids in women.
Depending on the degree of severity, the presence of complications and the course of the pathological process, a scheme for the treatment of hemorrhoids in women is selected.
The very first stages of the pathological process are well suited to conservative therapy with the use of sedative, phlebotrophic, haemostatic and analgesic drugs.
To strengthen the walls of blood vessels, tablets are used: Flebodia, Detralex, Troxevasin, Diosmin. In the form of suppositories for the treatment of hemorrhoids, such medications as Relief Ultra, Gepatrombin G, Aurobin are used – they can be used at home.
In addition, in the presence of inflammation shows the use of microclysters and sedentary baths with decoction of chamomile or oak bark, which have a good anti-inflammatory and soothing effect. To remove itching and swelling, the use of antihistamines and topical agents with glucocorticosteroids is indicated.
In the course of a disease of moderate severity or the presence of complications, obvious dropouts, it is necessary to resort to more effective methods of action: cryodestruction, sclerotherapy, infrared photocoagulation, ligation of latex rings.
To radical surgical treatment of hemorrhoids in women should be resorted to in the event that the pathological process is strongly started and conservative therapy does not bring the proper effect, as well as with the regular dropout and infringement of hemorrhoids.
Prophylaxis of the disease in women.
It is much easier to prevent the development of hemorrhoids in women than the whole life then treat it during periods of exacerbation. In order to protect yourself from the emergence of this pathological process, you must adhere to a few simple rules.
eat enough foods rich in vegetable fiber.
limit the use of excessively spicy and spicy food.
Regularly engage in physical activities that are feasible for the body.
to take breaks in work with a minimum charge when sitting.
Use hard working chairs instead of soft ones.
Avoid tension and excessive straining during the act of defecation.
regularly walk and perform gymnastic exercises during pregnancy.
It will relieve from the started hemorrhoids for 5 days. I managed! Like this.