Heart disease is usually associated with men, but in recent years they have become one of the leading causes of death among women. In this article, we will look at several ways that can help women prevent heart attacks.
Women’s Heart Health
You are a woman? How is the health of your heart? Do not forget about age. The earlier we begin to take care of this vital organ, the longer it will continue our life. You probably wonder why the frequency of heart attacks in women is increasing lately and why women are more vulnerable to cardiovascular problems. We will explain:
• The main problems are stress and anxiety: it’s easy to understand. Women have many responsibilities: the upbringing of children, work, caring for the elderly … Often women perform full-time duties “on top”, that is, as leaders of other people. This can lead to a phenomenon that is better known as the “broken heart” syndrome – stress-related problems that are becoming more and more.
• Symptoms of heart attack are different in women and men. Symptoms are easier to recognize in men: stiffness (hardness) of the hand and shortness of breath. In women, in turn, this is not so clear. We feel tired and feel some pains that do not seem to be anything serious, and do not even think that it can be the heart.
• Another incredible fact is that in recent years, women have started smoking much more than men. This is a very significant risk factor, which sooner or later can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
Learn how to take care of your heart:
1. Learn to control stress and anxiety
One of the main causes of heart attacks is stress. Stress that can not be controlled. Keep this in mind and start thinking about your own needs. Obviously, there are things that you can not neglect: family, work, household chores … but find 2 hours daily for your own interests and hobbies.
Set priorities, cultivate self-esteem, define boundaries to protect your personal boundaries … listen to your emotions, enjoy life, waking up every day with a smile. Your heart will be thankful to you for the lowered level of cortisol, the stress hormone
2. Watch the weight, controlling what you eat
Another important tip: Avoid weight gain. When we gain weight, and our body is forced to carry excess fat, health suffers. Fat blocks arteries and veins, which means that blood can not flow normally. Also, the heart suffers because of high blood pressure and cholesterol, turning the heart into a time bomb that only waits for the moment to explode.
Remove fats and salt from your diet. Eat fresh fruits, fiber and grains; Drink more water and natural juices. A study conducted at the Harvard School of Public Health found that a diet of red fruits reduces heart problems by almost 30%.
Try to buy fruit: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, plums, currants; They are all very useful and will improve your heart health.
3. Some light exercises
You do not have to visit the gym every day, work with the gluteal muscles, etc. It is enough to perform some simple aerobic exercises in order to improve the health of the heart.
It is very useful to go for a walk every morning before it gets too hot. Half an hour on foot not only improves the tone of the heart muscles, but also increases the mobility of the joints and increases the level of dopamine in the body. It’s really useful and nice.
4. Stop smoking
If you smoke, now is the time to quit. This will be useful not only for you and your health, but also for the health of your family and friends. Keep in mind that sooner or later your health will suffer, you will have trouble breathing, your lungs will be sick, and the risk of a heart attack or stroke will increase. Is it worth it? Stop smoking right now and enjoy a better life.